Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy Feast Day, Guardian Angel


With the day that is in it, I would like to wish my Guardian Angel a happy feast day and to thank him for all he has done for me. 

I would also like to take the opportunity to apologise unreservedly, in public, for all the trouble I have caused him.  For the deaf ear, the mad behaviour, the sins....the sins....the sins!!!!    The pretending he was not there when enticed to less savoury delights, the times I did not pray to him and all the times he had to grin sheepishly (grimace???) as the personnel file was being waved in the air and questions asked as to why Hogan was gone again and Angel left running after him....again! 

I hope and pray that when the time comes for me to shake off this mortal body, I may be able to look you straight in the face.  Sorry, again.  I promise, I'll do what I can from here on in...I'll try...do my best. 


Thanks all the same.  You're great! 
Angel of God, my Guardian dear,
to whom God's love commits me here,
ever this day be at my side,
O light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.


Beloved Angel,
my life's companion,
guide me along the way of holiness
so I may one day see the God who made me,
embrace the Lord who loves me,
adore forever the Christ who saved me,
and stand beside you
to share in the vision of his Face,
and to praise him for all eternity.
Dear brother,
my Angel Guardian,
for your assistance and fidelity,
may the Lord God reward you.

No comments:

Post a Comment