Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Blogosphere...We Have A Problem


One of the joys of living in the countryside is that when there is a big storm, as we had last Thursday night, phone and internet connections can go down, and that has happened with the Parochial House in Rathkenny.  No telephone, no internet and pitiful mobile phone reception.  Father is isolated.  God is saying something - more silence, Father.  Indeed.  So I have popped into St Genesius blogger, Caroline, to write a couple of blogs until I get the connection reestablished.

Interesting conversation with the telephone company, on mobile phone with dodgy reception in the front garden.
Fr J:  Hi, my phone line has gone down, probably due to the storm last night.  Is there an exchange down? 
Telephone Company Guy:  Hi John.  Well, that can happen in a storm.  I'll run a test.  I'll put you on hold while I do it.  Don't worry, this number is a freephone number.
Fr J:  Ok, thanks.

Silence.....five minutes of "Greensleeves".

Click

TCG:  Hello John.
Fr J:  Hi, yes.
TCG:  We've done the test.
Fr J:  Yes?
TCH: We got a red light, your phone line is down....
Don't you love technology.  Now I await another telephone company guy to find his way out, in the next three to five days to see why my line is down.  So, erratic blogging, if any, over the next few days....

1 comment:

  1. Why is it always "Greensleeves" or some other soothing music when in reality one's blood pressure is going up whilst you're waiting. And it isn't always FreePhone either!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete