Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Woah!



Strange things happen - very strange sometimes.  In faith we may call them providence, or coincidence, or just weird.  Well, that happened me today, or did it?  I was surfing the net and discovered, thanks to the Anchoress, a site where you can receive a saint for the year.  Good idea, I said to myself, I can plug this on the blog and encourage devotion to the saints for the coming year. 

Well I decided to try the thing myself.  Apparently the programme automatically generates a saint for you. So I clicked the button...there now, <<CLICK>>....wait a minute...say a prayer to the Holy Spirit, who can indeed work through technology....now, prompted to clink on the link to find the saint...ok, right, now....<<CLICK>>  Oh Lord!  Who pops up???  St Genesius!!  Either this is providence, Genesius pulling another of his practical jokes or they have some cookie or something which investigates your internet background.  Not sure, I'm a little bit raw at the moment.  But that was interesting.

Anyway, here is the link, off you go, have fun, knock yourselves out and maybe let us know who popped up for you?  Was it your favourite saint? A fitting Saint?   Or have you had a providential moment like me?

2 comments:

  1. I got St Patrick. I thought maybe it picked up that I'm in Ireland, so I clicked again... and got Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha! We're considering her as a patroness for our unborn baby, if he/she ends up being a girl... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Leo the Great

    I'm really pleased with that result!

    Happy new year Father and to all your readers.

    ReplyDelete