Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Massacre

The last few days have been quite busy.   I went down home to spend some of Sunday with my mother for Mother's Day and yesterday parish and Fraternity work ensured I was kept running.  Today has been no better, the phone has been ringing all day.  I have a Mass in Dundalk this evening - a Mass for the sick.  I am bringing the relic of St Genesius, who is patron of epilepsy, so we might get a few more miracles through it.

Catching up on news I see the situation in Ivory Coast seems to be getting worse.  I read with great sorrow that a thousand Catholics were massacred by Muslims in the Salesian Mission in Duekou.  The mainstream media seems this event was unworthy of attention.  I do not want to be anti-Muslim - we should strive for peace, but why is the persecution of Christians is ignored by the mainstream media?  We are the most persecuted religion in the world today, why does that not register on the international radar?  Is it because some of those persecuting Christians today are involved in the media?

2 comments:

  1. Father, surely, if persecuted Christians were working in the media they would work to bring the stories of persecution to our attention?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typo: "persecuted" should be "persecuting" - fixed now.

    ReplyDelete