Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bags Packed

It has been a very busy week, occupied with preparations for the pilgrimage.  We leave tomorrow morning at 7am.  Today the painting we are giving the Pope arrived from the framer's - the artist brought it directly.  It is a lovely piece - a basic portrait of St Genesius with the cross and masks from the Fraternity seal.  I do not have a picture of yet - one has been taken, but I do not have a copy yet.  I do, however, have a copy of the rough sketch, so I am posting it here to give you an idea of what the painting looks like.

Preliminary sketch of the Papal portrait of St Genesius:
Richard Moore, watercolour

Our itinerary is up on my blog, here, so to all of you who want to do the pilgrimage with us in spirit you can do so.  I will be remembering all the Fraternity members in our Masses; the Solemn Mass at the tomb of St Genesius on Tuesday afternoon - the heart of our pilgrimage, will be offered for all our members' intentions.  It takes place at 4pm Roman Time (3pm GMT; 10am US/Canadian Eastern; 9am Central; 8am Pacific).  

The blog will not be live, but I will schedule the daily events of the pilgrimage (if the scheduling facility works - sometimes it goes on strike here on blogger). 

2 comments:

  1. I will be with you in spirit. May the fruits of the pilgrimage be many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for a safe trip and a good pilgrimage. Can you please say a prayer for a special intention when you're visiting St Dominic? :-)

    ReplyDelete